The Tambopata National Reserve is one of the last easily accessible virgin tropical rainforests in the world and the Madre de Dios region has remained intact due to limited road access.
The Reserve offers a wealth of biodiversity, as well as magnificent natural landscapes. Puerto Maldonado, known as the “Capital of Biodiversity,” is the largest city of the Tambopata region.
Temperate climate all year round, a big temperature difference between day and night. Average temperature of 15°C. Rainiest months are December, January and February.
- 45 minutes from Puerto Maldonado airport. (car + boat)
- Daily flights from Puerto Maldonado to Cusco (50 min) and Lima (1h30).
35 thatched roof Cabañas, built on raised platforms in the style of the indigenous Ese’ Eja people, are scattered around the reserve.
Four categories of cabañas are offered, to meet guest preferences.
- 2 Tambopata Suite (78 sqm)
- 1 Amazónica Suite (60 sqm)
- 8 Superior Rio (38 sqm)
- 24 Superior (38 sqm)
All inclusive basis (à la carte meals, transfers, à la carte outfits)
- ENA Spa, located on the banks of the Madre de Dios River, facing Rolin Island
- EcoCenter: house of the Inkaterra Explorer Guides
- Inkaterra Gallery, with local gifts shops
- Inkaterra Canopy Tree House
- Included Excursions: Trail system, Rainforest garden, Twilight River, Rainforest by Night, Wetlands, Gamitana creek, Lake Sandoval, nkaterra Canopy Walkway & Anaconda walk, Botanical garden of Hacienda Conception, Tambopata.
- Additional excursions: Birdwatching with Inkaterra Guide, Valencia oxbow lake
Dining Room and Bar are located in the main building.
Inspired by the tropical flavors of the Amazon region, meals and beverages are prepared with fresh local ingredients.
- International buffet breakfast
- Lunch and dinner served à la carte
- Included Services: Round trip transportation by land and river (Airport/Lodge/Airport), Welcome drink and gift, Personalized welcome, Buffet breakfast/à la carte lunch & dinner, Bottled water in room, Tea Time & Cocktail Hour, English and Spanish Inkaterra Explorer Guide service , Included excursions à la carte, Entrance fees to Lake Sandoval
- Additional Services (at extra charge): Bar, Binoculars for rent, Private Explorer Guide in languages other than Spanish and English, Tambopata Explorer Kit, Treasure Hunt, ENA Spa treatments.
- Special Services (on request): Celebration, Private dining, Cooking classes, Musical group, Flowering Ceremony, Sundowner, Kayak.
Guests will have the opportunity to experience a night in the original Canopy Tree House, a very exotic night guaranteed, right in the heart of the Amazon jungle.