Machu Picchu Historical Reserve is a magical place that fascinates through its vast archaeological remains, geological formations, unique flora and fauna, and spectacular cloud forest.
The Machu Picchu Citadel built by The Incas at the end of the 14th century, was rediscovered in 1911 by Hiram Binham. Since then, Machu Picchu has become known as one of the new 7 Wonders of the modern World.
Temperate climate all year round, a big temperature difference between day and night. Average temperature of 15 °C. Rainiest months are December, January and February.
Several trains depart daily from Poroy-Cusco and Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu
Schedules and the duration of the journey vary depending on the train station
- 3.5 hours from Cusco
- 1.5 hours from Ollantaytambo
- By transfer, 30 mn from Machu Picchu Citadel
Skilled artisans built the 83-room boutique hotel to create a lovely Andean Village ambiance.
All 83 Casitas have a comfortable sitting area, spacious bathroom with Spanish style showers, twin, queen, or king size beds.
- 1 Inkaterra Villa (1 Suite + 1 Inkaterra Suite- 293 sqm)
- 2 Inkaterra Suite (176 sqm)
- 4 Suite (117 sqm)
- 10 Junior Suite Deluxe (42 sqm)
- 19 Junior Suite (40 sqm)
- 19 Superior Deluxe (30 sqm)
- 39 Superior (30 sqm)
On half board basis (à la carte dinner, buffet Breakfast)
- The EcoCenter: house of the Inkaterra Explorer Guides
- The Inkaterra Gallery with local gifts shops
- The UNU Spa and the Andean sauna
- In-House included Excursions: Nature Walk, Orchid Trail (372 species), Tea House, Birds watching, Twilight Walk, Native Farm
- Additional Excursions (at extra charge): Spectacled Bear project, Museum market, specialized trails, Mandor valley, Machu Picchu, Putukusi Mountain…
- The Restaurant of the Hotel: The dining room, Bar and adjacent terraces were built as a large glass house with an exceptional view of the Vilcanota River and the surrounding green mountains. Discover the secrets of Peruvian cuisine with a contemporary twist.
- Café Inkaterra: situated under a traditional Amazonian Ese’Eja palm-thatched roof, he is decorated with regional crafts and features an intimate setting overlooking the Vilcanota River.
- Included Services: Personalized welcome, Welcome tea & Welcome Gift, Luggage reception to and from the train station, Check - in: 1 pm, check - out: 11 am, Tea Time & Cocktail Hour, Pisco Sour, Internet, Included excursions.
- Additional services (at extra charge): Bar, A la carte lunch, Lunch bag, Early check-in / late check-out, Room service, Machu Picchu Explorer Kit, Treasure Hunt, Guide Assistant.
- Special Services: Movie night, Celebration, Private dining, Cooking classes, Musical group, Sundowner, Payment to the Earth Ceremony, Vow renewal with a local Shaman
In the heart of a lush garden, an ideal location to access to the Citadel and discover Aguas Calientes